I actually got my Mother's Day gift a few days early. In true Joel fashion, he was too excited to give it to me and couldn't wait until Sunday. :) Needless to say, I didn't protest! I ended up getting a new 50mm lens for my DSLR. Yay!!! I've wanted this ever since my sister, Kelly, got hers. Of course in true Kelly fashion, she upgraded and got an even nicer lens on the same day I got this one. Once again, I can't keep up with my older sister. :)
My battery was just about dead, but I had to snap a few quick pictures. I was lucky enough to find some willing subjects to shoot:
My battery was just about dead, but I had to snap a few quick pictures. I was lucky enough to find some willing subjects to shoot:
Reese can now do a bridge totally unassisted. Yay! She can't wait to show her gymnastics coaches tomorrow. :)
Oh, and I have to mention that Joel is also sending me to have a manicure with a couple of my friends next weekend. Thanks for setting the bar so high, Joel. I hope you don't have any big expectations for Father's Day...Ha! :)
11 comments:
Wow, great pictures! I'm so glad that you like your gift. I know you've been wanting that lens for a long time and I'm glad that you got it! Yay! You'll have to come over sometime and we can figure out the whole aperture thing with your camera.
I love how well Reese can do a bridge- she is doing great! Oh, and a manicure, too? Wow- sounds like the perfect Mother's Day to me!
Awesome pics and I can't believe that you didn't tell me yesterday!!! I would have ooo-ed and ahhh-ed for sure! How exciting!
I was just thinking that I need to put our new lense back on. It does take great pics and fun to blur out the background.
Feel free to borrow that video I have....it has helped out tremendously on what our cameras do (and is not necessarily camera specific). It's like having Kelly on DVD :)
Fun present! Happy Mother's Day, you deserve it! I tried to steal my dad's 50mm lens but we think it's broken. Boo.
Kristy, what kind of camera do you have? we are thinking of upgrading, but I am super clueless. any tips for a mommy beginner would be appreciated
The pictures are fantastic!! And the manicure can only serve to improve your picture taking skill!!
Great photos and awesome lens. I want one! :) Happy Mother's Day!
Wowee! Awesome gift, Joel! Hope you had a great Mother's Day! I loved the photo of you on the blog, but couldn't tell if you took it or if Joel did. What sweet gifts for a super sweet mommy!
Michelle, I have a Nikon DSLR and LOVE it! My sister, Kelly, has a Nikon as well--she just has a newer version of mine. My friend Leslie (Where there's a Willett, there's a way blog) has a Canon DSLR (can't remember which model) and she loves hers as well. You can link to their blogs through mine to check them out. :)
Thanks for the comments, ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful day, too. :)
You are getting the hang of that lens! Now, would you and Kelly help me? Could I get a little Schenher sisters tutoring? Great pics!
Those are GREAT pics, Kristy! I'm so excited that you and Kel are getting into photography. Because that way you can teach me all the ropes. ;-) Of course it helps you have WONDERFULLY adorable subjects.
Your pics are so great! :) You girls and your cameras and parts...I can't keep up so I give up. ;) I just like to look at your gorgeous pics!!
So glad you had a great day! Good job, Joel :)
Post a Comment